Wynnewood Shopping Village and the surrounding neighborhood was developed by Dallas oilman Angus Wynne in 1948. The large strip shopping strip answered consumer needs during the post-war building boom in Oak Cliff. It was expanded during the 50 to include major department stores, a theater, office buildings, banks, and a small hotel. Tenants included Titches', Colbert's, Margo La Mode, and Lily Dodson, who opened her first dress shop in Wynnewood Village. Large apartment complexes were also built at the south and east perimeters of the development. It was s successful venture for Wynne, who would later create the famous amusement park, Six Flags Over Texas. Find More Information about Wynnewood North at Preservation Dallas.